Monday 19 June 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Mermaid Trinket Box

Hello friends!


Today is new release day at Vera Lane Studio!

Janet has created a new Mermaid set as part of the Floral Park Collection, and it is stunning! Check this out .... she can be topless or wear a bikini top!

I decided to make a decorated box:



My box is papier mache. I started by giving it a coat of white gesso and, when this was dry, I pained it with gold water-based paint. I added some Sparkling Wax in Apple Green and Mid Sky Blue. 

The lid was decorated with the Mermaid images which had been coloured with markers and fussy cut. 



The sentiment was cut into strips, the edges inked and all attached onto the lid with Decopatch glue. Once in place, a second coat of Decopatch glue was applied to seal the images. Some tiny pearls and crystal stars were added along with a border of crystal gems. Diamond Sparkle Medium was added last of all to give it some shimmer.



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Creative Knockouts #198 AG 22/06
Creative Friday #180 Mythical Creatures 22/06 WINNER

 * Creative Fingers #132 AG 23/06
Kraftin Kimmie #386 Mermaids 24/06
Creative Moments #120 AG 25/06
Love To Create #12 25 /06
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #60 AG 30/06
Dragonfly Dreams Add Sparkle 30/06
Corrosive Challenge AG 30/06
My Time to Craft #348 Summertime 30/06

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.