Thursday 9 March 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Lost In Space

Hello!

I'm back from my holiday. We had a brilliant time!
 I feel rested and relaxed and ready to face the world again :)

Thanks to Mischelle for swapping Vera Lane Studio DT days with me this week.

I'm sharing a card with this week's new release, the fabulous 'Lost In Space'. This is such a fun set of digis. You get a spaceship, three aliens with a library of antennae (useful for all sorts of projects!!) as well as two sentiments. 


Here is my make:


I coloured the spaceship with distress inks and a water brush (it's only now that I see the aliens can't see out of the spaceship ... oops!). The aliens are coloured with watercolour pencils. Glitter was applied to the alien's wings and Glossy Accents to their eyes and the spaceship lights.

 The background is meant to represent space. It was made by smudging distress ink onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water then stamping onto card. When it was dry, I sprayed some Glimmer Mist and splattered some watered-down, white acrylic paint. I like how it turned out - a bit like a galaxy (if you close one eye and squint a bit!).

The images were fussy cut and attached on foam pads. I used a green and black mat to frame the card.



I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!


Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #229 Say It With Music 12/03
Simon Says Stamp (Monday) Make Your Own Background 13/03
Inspiration Destination #123 AG 14/03
Mod Squad Challenge Song Inspiration (Fly me to the Moon by Sinatra) 15/03
FabnFunky Challenges #341 Music/Inspired by a Song 16/03
Crafty Girls Creations #34 AG 31/03



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.