Monday 13 February 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Love

Hello!

It's February and time to share our love. 
So today I have a love themed card for my DT spot at Vera Lane Studio.



I'm proud to say that I won a Spotlight post at Deep Ocean Challenges and Top 3 at Crafty Calendar and Cardz 4 Galz.
   

I used digital stamps from a set called February, which is part of the Birthday Collection. I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir markers and pencils. My little gal's eyes and heart string has Glossy Accents, as well as the dog's eyes and heart charm. Glitter was applied to the gal's eyes and hair and to the dog's collar. The images were fussy cut leaving a thin white border, then matted on to black card which also was fussy cut. The black background makes the images stand out from the busy mixed media background. The images are popped on foam pads.

The background started as a gelli plate print. Printed tissue paper was adhered with decoupage glue.  White acrylic paint was randomly stamped with bubble wrap and torn washi tape was applied. The hearts are from a set called Vera's Borders. They are coloured and have Glossy Accents for shine and texture. They are popped on foam pads for dimension. The sentiment was computer generated and the word 'LOVE' was a free gift from Janet at Vera Lane Studio to all those who took part in the 'All Creatures Great and Small' ATC swap last month. A dangle wire of beads and sequins finishes off my card.


 February                               Vera's Borders
           

I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
We have a Love themed ATC swap taking place at the moment, hosted by Teresa. We'd love you to join in! 
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE. I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!
Thanks for taking time to stop by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Cardz4Galz #40 Love Is In The Air 14/02 Top 3

Challenge Up Your Life #59 Hearts 15/02
Allsorts Challenge #402 Hearts and/or Flowers 17/02
Just Us Girls Challenge #380 Hearts 17/02
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #51 AG 18/02
Dragonfly Journeys #85 Love Is I The Air 19/02
Deep Ocean Challenge #148 Hearts 20/02 Spotlighted

Aloha Friday Challenges #88 Colour Challenge 24/02

Dis Digi Designs Include An Animal 25/02
Crafty Calendar Challenge Love Is In The Air 28/02 Top 3



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.

(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.