Monday 9 January 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Rain or Shine on Straight Street

Hello!

First of all, a warm welcome to some new followers - Sonia, Sherry, Melissa and Mary. I'm delighted that you've joined me on my creative journey!

 I'm thrilled that these projects were a Winner at Angie's Digital Stamps, a Runner -Up Winner at  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and DT Favourite at Classic Design Team Challenge.

Today I'm sharing my weekly project for the lovely Vera Lane Studio
Every day there is a new DT project, and you can find the talented Vera Lane DT ladies' blogs in my side bar.
This week I made a desk tidy, a stand-up calendar and a little card using images from four Vera Lane Studio digi sets:



The images I used are from 
Rain or Shine         and        Straight Street            

        


       

I kept my colour palette limited to corals and turquoises for this. 
I coloured my images with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and pencils. 
( Markers: FS1, FS3, CR1, CR2, CR3, BT1. BT2, BT3, BT4, GT1, GT2)
I added highlights using white, gold and pink glitter gel pens. I fussy cut the images leaving thin white borders for the main images. 

To make the desk tidy:
I applied a thin layer of gesso to the mdf desk tidy base, its top edge and side corners. When this was dry I applied gold paint. (I used a brand called Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch which is a water based, multi-purpose paint for interior and exterior projects. It has a beautiful lustre to it.) Next I cut my patterned paper (I love polka dot paper and this colour is gorgeous) ... it just so happened that each side of the tub is ATC sized, so the paper was cut 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.5 x 9 cms).
 I glued the paper to the tub using Decoupage glue, then glued the images in place using the same glue. The sentiments, which come with the Rain or Shine digi set, were cut into strips and stuck down.For the homes, I printed computer generated sentiments. I drew around the sentiment strips with a Uniball mico pen.The edges of the papers were inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo.


   

    

The  stand-up calendar was really easy to make:

     

Cut a piece of heavy card 30 x 10.5 cm. Score and fold at 10.5 cm, 21 cm, 24 cm and 27 cm. Tape the end 3 cm panel to the back of the bottom of the front panel. Then decorate as you wish. 
I resized the Straight Street images and put them together before I printed, as my available space was quite restricted. I popped the image on foam pads for dimension. (My calendar cost just 25 pence from Ryman Stationery, but you can see the stitching is already falling apart!)

The card was originally going to be part of the calendar, but then I realised I didn't have any heavy 12 x 12 inch card, so I had to make the calendar smaller. 'Waste not, want not' as the saying goes, I made a card from the images:



The cat is from Cats and Crocks and the word 'Smile' is from Sentiments Set 1. Little peachy coloured gems were stuck onto the tree and white gel pen added for some highlights.

****

I hope you will come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE. I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!
Thanks for taking time to stop by today.
I'd love it if you became a 'follower'!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Creative Knockouts #175 AG 12/01
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge 12/01 RUNNER UP WINNER

That's Crafty Challenges AG 12/01
Crafty Creations Challenges #332 AG 17/01
Creative Fingers Challenge #122 AG 22/01 
Angie's Digital Stamps AG  28/0 22/01 WINNER

Quick Quotes #71 AG 25/01 TOP 3
Classic Design Team Challenge January 28/01 DT Favourite
 
Crafting With An Attitude #23 AG 29/01
Connie Can Crop #54 AG 31/01
Crafty Awesomeness Challenge AG 31/01
Crafty Girls Creations #32 AG 31/01



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.