Monday 2 January 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Foxes' Evening Stroll

Hello! 

I'm super excited to be publishing my first DT post for Vera Lane Studio. 
  
Janet, the owner and artist at Vera Lane Studiohas created some delightfully quirky and whimsical characters. They come in sets which can easily be mixed and matched. Today sees the released an adorable set of digital stamps called 'Foxes'. They are the start of a new collection called the Woodlands Collection.


So, onto my project ... I made this card:


I'm thrilled to say that I won Top Pick at Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.



My foxes are taking a romantic evening stroll!

I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir alcohol pens. The robins and snail have Glossy Accents applied to their eyes. Here are the colours I used:

Fox fur: OR1, TN4, TN5      Fox cheek fur: EB1 and Blender
Mr Fox: Jeans: TB1, TB2, TB4    Bodywarmer: EB1, EB2    Shirt: TB2, TB4, IG2         Boots and Collar: IG4, IG6
Mrs Fox: Dress: TB1, TB2, TB4    Scarf: CR7, CR9     Boots: IG4, IG6  
Acorns: EB2, CG2, TN4, Blender   
Snail: EB1, EB2, TN4, CG2    
Robins: EB1, EB2, TN4, CR7



For the background I used super smooth art card from Inkylicious and used ink dusters to apply Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo. The Vintage Photo ink at the base was stippled onto the card to give a different texture. Next, the inked card was dry embossed using an embossing folder called Winter Wonderland which was a free gift with a recent Paper Inspirations magazine. There was also a free set of stamps, so I inked the birch trunks with Vintage Photo and stamped over the embossed areas.

The foxes were fussy cut leaving a thin white border. The smaller critters, acorns and leaves were fussy cut right to the black outlines. The leaves were arranged and glued onto the background, all the other elements were adhered on foam pads.

I matted my embossed card onto black card, them adhered it on foam tape to another layer which has textured gold paper on a black mat. The whole thing was then adhered to a white card base. My finished card measures 8 inches x 6 inches (20 cm x 15 cm).

The small elements are a little fiddly to fussy cut, but my tip would be to cut as close as you can to the black outline, then colour over the line to fill in any white bits, or run a pen along the edge. You can see below that I struggled with the snail's antennae, but when you look at the card as a whole, it's not so noticeable (I hope!).





This last photo shows the matted layers:



Here are the Vera Lane Studio sets I used:

     Foxes                        September (leaves)           Lovely Garden (Bird)
      

I hope you will come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE. I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!



In order to play you must use a Vera Lane Studio digital stamp. There are some free ones available once you join the group, or you can browse the VLS Etsy shop, in which case you'll be spoiled for choice and won't know which set(s) to buy!

Vera Lane Studio Blog
Vera Lane Studio Facebook Group
Vera Lane Studio You Tube Channel
Vera Lane Studio Etsy Shop

Thanks for taking time to stop by today.
I'd love it if you became a 'follower'!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Crafty Gals Corner #103 AG 03/01
Creative Craft Cottage #78 AG 04/01
Brown Sugar Challenge #231 AG 05/01
Art By Miran #74 AG 05/01
Outlawz Challenges Twisted Thursday AG  TOP PICK

Through The Craft Room Door AG wb 3 Jan  10/01
Tuesday Throwdown #324 Winter Critters 10/01
That's Crafty Challenges AG 13/01
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #49 AG 14/01
A Bit More Time To Craft #35 AG 14/01
Angie's Digital Stamps #5 AG 28/01
Classic Design Team Challenge January 28/01
Digistamps4joy #132 AG/Option Love 30/01

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.