Sunday 30 October 2016

October Gecko Galz

Hello crafty friends and followers!

Let me start by extending a very warm welcome to Michele Henderson and Darcy Schroeder, my two newest followers. I'm really happy that you could join me!


Today I'm showing my (last-minute) October projects for the Gecko Galz Facebook challenges. 

Before I show my projects, let me tell you all - the Gecko Galz have a Blog Hop at the moment! It's a must-see event!



There are 16 blogs to visit and EACH blog has a FREE collage sheet for you to download. Very generous and  extremely handy if you wish to take part in their challenges, as each project must contain at least one image from Gecko Galz. 

Anyhow... on to my projects.

#1 First, I made a shaker frame using Cottage Cutz Stitched Rectangle dies. This is for the Button or Bows Challenge. 



The image used is one of my favourite quotes and comes a poem written by Australian poet, Erin Hanson. It is one of the many beautiful quotes on the Gecko Galz collage sheet called Beautiful Words  -  :(  I can't find this in the Etsy shop, so maybe it is a retired sheet.

I mounted the image onto brown glitter paper, added gold sequins and then placed foam pads around the edge on which the acetate would rest followed by the top frame.
The ribbon and button were added to the corner for decoration.



#2 Next I made a Halloween Invitation card:



I used a black background and added elements from the Witches collage sheet and the spiders web from the subscribers free October collage sheet. I stamped a 'You're Invited' sentiment and added the date with gold stickers on an inked background. Some ink-dyed gauze was tucked beneath the main image for a bit of spookiness.




#3 Lastly, I made a very quick and simple card for the  brown and gold challenge.


I used a Little Claire Designs scalloped square kraft card for the base. It is quite small, measuring just 4 inches square. Gold adhesive glitter paper was stuck on top, leaving a kraft border showing. On top of the gold I added a brown glitter paper square with rounded corners. It is slightly offset to the right side, leaving room for the brown decorated border on the left hand side. 
The image is from the Gecko Galz's  Fall into Nature collage sheet. It had its corners rounded and its edges inked, and was attached on foam pads to give a little dimension.

Thanks for stopping by today. 
xoxo

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

#1 Shaker Card
Gecko Galz Facebook October Challenge WINNER
Crafting With- Friends #30 AG 3/11
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #95 AG 1/11
Eclectic Ellapu Oct Challenge Vintage/Shabby Chic 31/10

#2 Halloween Invitation
Gecko Galz Facebook October Challenge
Dragons Lair Challenge  BOO! 2/11
My Time To Craft Challenge #322 Halloween 4/11
Great Impressions Oct Challenge - AG 1/11

#3 Autumn Fox Card
Gecko Galz Facebook October Challenge



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.