Tuesday 5 July 2016

ATC & Card: Christmas in July

Hello!



I'm showing my Christmas in July ATC today.

I used a beautiful flamingo digi stamp from Miss Rach's 'Christmas in July' series of toons. I was lucky enough to win a set last week. You can find them here.



I found some ancient pastel-pinkish Christmas DP from Dovecraft in my stash and used this as the background. I cut it so that the sentiments "Merry Christmas" and "Let it Snow" would be visible. The flamingo was coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. Glitter was applied to the leggings, scarf and hat trim, then the image was fussy cut and attached on foam pads.

I added some clear snowflakes, which have a lovely iridescent shimmer, to the centre of each bauble then added a sequin on top to give some sparkle and dimension to the paper background.

Finally I added some pompom trim to imitate snowballs.



Now, I don't know about you, but I have a little pile of ATCs and I was wondering what to do with them. It occurred to me that I could make a card out of them, using the ATC as a topper.

Here is a card I made with my Christmas Flamingo ATC:



 I used more patterned DP from the same Dovecraft pack and two of the Cheery Lynn Pierced Banner dies. I matted the background on black card, as well as the ATC and small banner. I backed the largest banner with black card so that the black would just show through the holes. The ATC and small banner were attached on foam pads.
I decorated the inside with the same paper and a die cut flamingo.

  

xoxo

Thanks for looking!

I'd like to enter these challenges:

Wicked Wednesday Week 126 - Christmas in July


Crafty Boots Challenges - Christmas in July


Christmas Cards All Year Round July Challenge


Ike's World Challenge 67 - Christmas in July


Inky Chick Challenge 69 - Christmas in Summer


Come And Get It  Christmas in July


xoxo


SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.