Wednesday 27 April 2016

Pocket Letter: Pink Shabby Chic

I haven't been making as many pocket letters lately, but there is a lady on the Pocket Letter Pals network who organises birthday pocket letters for everyone. I thought she deserved a little surprise, so I made this for her.


I hope she likes it! 

I used pink glitter paper from the Spring in Bloom paper pad and taupe striped paper over which I heat embossed some gold script with a Kaisercraft stamp. The edges of each card were inked in Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo. 

I used some Tilda dimensional stickers in pockets 2, 3, 4 and 9.


  



Pockets 1 and 8 have a die cut heart.


 

Pocket 5 has a beautiful quote stamped in Vintage Photo. The Scatter Seeds stamp is from Inkilicious. The edges of the card are heat embossed in gold tinsel. 


Pocket 6 has delicate lace and pearls to enhance this Julianna stamp, again from Inkilicious



Pocket 7 has a die cut Bird on a Branch by Marianne Design and flowers made from ivory satin trimming and hand punched pink glitter card with pearls at the centres. 



Tim Holtz Chitchat stickers were used in some pockets to add words. Tickets and gold stickers finished off the cards.

Here is the back of the pocket letter where the goodies are:



Pocket 1: a little bit of info about me
Pocket 2: red organza, white bow trim and ivory flower trim
Pocket 3: cork, linen and burlap bird and mason jar embellishments
Pocket 4: crystal gems and dimensional butterfly embellishments
Pocket 5: Shocking pink organza, pearl heart flat backs and flower embellishments
Pocket 6: gel sticky dots, grey pearls and cream pearls
Pocket 7: Rose tea
Pocket 8: pink organza and bee embellishments
Pocket 9: coral crystal gems and tiny square metal-look gems in gold

As Cathy is so special, I added extra goodies and made her a note card, which you can see here, into which I tucked my letter. She's from the USA, so I though she'd like a packet of ten pound note tissues!




I'd like to enter these challenges:

Great Impressions April Challenge - Ladies Night


Come and Get It  Challenge #115 Glitter and Bling


Glitter N' Sparkle Challenge #185 Anything Goes

xoxo 


Carole x


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful pocket letter wonderful design. Thank you for sharing with us at CAGI. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this! All the pink and pearls are so fabulous--and the textures are amazing, too! Totally gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this lovely comment, Mynn. xx

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous collection, and I like that you kept the bling and glitz subtle and there were lots of little surprises. So glad you joined us at Come And Get It challenges, CarolG & DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.