Friday 18 March 2016

CAS: One Layer


Week 267 at Less is More is the 'One Layer Challenge' with the sentiment being the main focus of the card.

You would think that making a one layer card would technically be the easiest sort to make ... oh no!!!  I have a pile of failed attempts and I'm still not happy with this one.

My one layer card :

 
The background was ink stamped, using Memento Dandelion and Rose Bud, with a very old embossing folder from Darice. The watercolour effect is the result of spraying water onto the ink in the folder before printing the card. The border was stamped in Memento Gray Flannel using a Papermania Capsule Geometric Mono stamp (this really could do with a strip of ribbon or washi or something to hide the disjointed joints between the stamping, but I thought that would be classed as embellishment). The sentiment was stamped in Ranger Jet Black archival ink, using a stamp from the same Papermania set.

Thanks for stopping by and looking!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Carole. I love the water color effect created using your embossing folder. A new technique to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours and the watercolour effect! Fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collage effect behind your sentiment!
    Thank you so much for joining us at "Less is More" this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card just as it is, such a great colour combo. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool make and lovely colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just super!
    What a great backdrop for your bold sentiment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the way you made that watercolour effect background Carole; it is so pretty. Sorry I am a little late visiting you but thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.